PROGRESS 1000 UK PRIZE PROMOTION (the “Promotion”)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) that govern the relationship between you, the entrant (“you”, “your(s)”) and ALIGN TECHNOLOGY, B.V. of Arlandaweg 161 1043 HS Amsterdam, NETHERLAND ("Align", “we”, “our”, “us”) in respect of the Promotion.
- The Promotion is only open to individuals who are residents in the UK aged eighteen (18) years old or over, who are existing or previous patients of Invisalign (i.e. who have had or are currently undergoing treatment using the Invisalign system) and who have internet access and a valid and active Facebook or Instagram account. If you are not a current or past patient of the Invisalign system, then you will not be eligible to enter and your entry will be automatically disqualified.
- The following are not eligible to participate in the Promotion: (i) employees of Align, its respective parent, subsidiaries and associated companies, legal, financial and other advisors, any advertising and promotional agencies or the prize suppliers; and (ii) immediate family members of such employees or of anyone with whom such employees are domiciled. In these Terms, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, in laws, spouse or partner.
- By entering the Promotion, you confirm that you have legal capacity to enter the Promotion and agree to the Terms (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract and you will use your own Instagram or Facebook account).
- The Promotion will run from 12.00pm British Summer Time (BST) on 27 September 2017 to 12.00pm BST on 15 October 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
- You can participate in the Promotion in one of two ways: either (i) via our UK Facebook channel, https://www.facebook.com/Invisalign.uk/ ("Facebook Channel"); or (ii) via our UK Instagram channel, @Invisalignukie ("Instagram Channel").
- To participate in the Promotion, you must, send a direct message (using the direct message functionality) to the Facebook Channel or the Instagram Channel during the Promotion Period, telling us in 500 characters or less how having the Invisalign treatment has changed or impacted on your life ("Your Story"), together with a selfie photo of yourself smiling during or post-treatment ("Entr(y)(ies)").
- Entries must be made via direct message functionality on Facebook or Instagram only. Please do not post your Entry to the public timelines of the Facebook Channel or the Instagram Channel or in response to our promotional posts. These entries are not valid and will be automatically disqualified.
- By submitting your Entry to the Promotion, you agree that we can respond to your Entry and communicate with you via direct message (using the direct message functionality) on the Facebook Channel or the Instagram Channel (as relevant) in connection with the administration of this Promotion.
- Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Entry to the Promotion is restricted to one (1) Entry per person.
- By submitting your Entry to the Promotion, you agree that:
(a) your Entry is your own original work, that you are the sole creator, author and owner of the Entry (including the Your Photo and Your Story), that you have the right to make it available to us for all purposes of the Promotion without any time or territorial limit, and no other persons appear in the Entry;
(b) your Entry does not contain any images, artwork or other content which:
(i) does not belong to you; and/or
(ii) prominently features brand names or trademarks and/or violates or infringes upon the rights of others (for example, any trade mark or copyright or invasion of privacy or publicity rights); and/or
(iii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, or facilitates, references or uses material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status or age or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by Align, at its sole discretion); and/or
(iv) encourages conduct or is conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable law; and/or
(v) disparages the Align; and/or
(vi) constitutes personally identifiable information; and/or
(vii) contains any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and
(c) if requested by the Align, you will supply copies of all such consents, confirmations and releases. Failure to do so may result in your disqualification and we may select an alternative winner.
- You shall be solely responsible for the content of your Entry submitted to this Promotion and you agree to indemnify and hold us, Facebook and Instagram harmless from and against any liability, claims and demands arising in connection with the content of your Entry submitted to this Promotion.
- The prize draw will take place at Align's offices at approximately after 12pm on 16 October 2017. One (1) winner will be selected electronically at random from all valid and eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Align who will endeavor to contact the winner by email within one (1) business day of the winner's selection ("Email Notification"). The winner must confirm his/her acceptance of the prize and that his/her personal details are correct, by responding to the Email Notification.
- Following the Email Notification and acceptance by the winner, an Align representative will liaise with the winner regarding redemption of the prize.
- Align reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that:
- the winner cannot be contacted after two (2) attempts within two (2) business days of the winner's selection;
- the winner does not confirm their acceptance of their prize within two (2) business days from the Email Notification;
- the winner has contravened any of these Terms;
- the winner does not comply with Instagram's terms, conditions and policies;
- the winner does not comply with Facebook's terms, conditions and policies; or
- the winner is unable to accept the prize.
- There is one (1) grand prize consisting of two (2) tickets to the Progress 1000 gala at Tate Modern in London (the "Venue") on 19 October 2017 (the "Event").
- If you are declared the winner, you agree to:
- meet with representatives from Align so that Align can interview, photograph and film you, so that it can document and report on you as the winner of the Promotion, and your experience of the Invisalign treatment, including without limitation your journey, how your teeth and smile have changed and how it has changed your life; and
- enter into our standard release form in relation to the same.
- The prize may only be redeemed by the winner himself/herself plus one (1) guest chosen by the winner (who must be at least eighteen (18) years of age). The guests do not need to be the individual named in the Entry
- The winner and his/her guest may be required to present personal identification documents to prove their identity.
- The winner and his/her guest must be available to attend the Event on the date specified and will need to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements in order to attend the Event.
- All other expenses, including without limitation, additional meals and beverages, accommodation, transportation to and from the Venue for the winner and his/her guest, gratuities, spending money, personal expenses, souvenirs, incidentals and other expenses not expressly specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner's guest. The winner's guest and the winner will be responsible for paying any taxes in connection with the prize. The winner and the winner's guest must comply with the terms and conditions of the Venue.
- All other expenses, including travel and other expenses not expressly specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The prize is non-transferable or convertible to cash or other substitutes. No responsibility is assumed by Align if Invisalign is not a suitable treatment option for the winner.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide the stated prize(s), we reserve the right to award a substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value.
- The name of the winner and their home city will be available for thirty (30) days after the end of the Promotion Period by sending an email to email@example.com.
- By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice), by the terms, conditions and policies of the Facebook and Instagram and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Terms, the Promotion, the draw, the winner's selection and/or the results and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- All changes to these Terms will be posted in revised terms and conditions on www.invisalign.co.uk.
- All Entries become our property and will not be returned.
- We accept no responsibility for any illegible or incomplete Entries or any incorrect or inaccurate information or lost or late Entries and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control or failure to receive Entry information by us on account of technical problems or traffic congestion affecting the entry collection process.
- By entering this Promotion, if you are declared a winner, and except where prohibited by law, you agree to let us use your name, biographical information, and/or photograph (supplied to us by you) or other likeness in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, without any time or territorial limit and without further notice or compensation, as well as your appearance at publicity events without any additional compensation (save for reasonable travel expenses) as required by us to identify you as the winner of the Promotion. Each Entrant has the right to access, correct or delete the information collected and/or processed by us about himself/herself. Entrants may exercise this right by simple written request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All information provided by you in connection with this Promotion is provided to us directly and not to Facebook or Instagram. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram and Facebook and Instagram shall have no responsibility or liability to you in respect of the Promotion.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.